Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June has arrived, let's hear those chains-a-chingin'

This morning Mark met me at Rosland for a beautiful round of disc golf before work. It was so nice outside, the kind of nice that makes me ponder why I work a full time job that keeps me inside, staring at a monitor and stuck in a prison of fluorescent lights. Although, I am very grateful for my job and the people I work with, I just feel like we as people were created to be outside in nature, enjoying God's beautiful creation! This morning was one of my favorites, with a nice cup of coffee in hand and a best buddy at my side, I was so appreciative of life - I know this is getting a bit sappy, so I will get to the good stuff. I thought that both Mark and I played well. Mark had a nasty plus 2 shtinker-binker that landed on top of the basket on hole 3, it was a great birdie attempt. (see pic below) I played pretty consistent and got 3 birdies, what a great feeling! It's funny how sometimes we (the disc golf community, haha) can play really good and feel like we're progressing, and then the very next day we can feel like we aren't improving at all and it can be really frustrating - but I really do think that this is a huge part of the beauty of this game and why it draws such a strong attraction from me. When we all went to the park the other night after the baby shower, Mark and I noticed that we could play a "made-up" 10th hole from across the baseball field to basket #8. We played it as a par 3 this morning but that mutha' is far!! I was able to sink a nasty approach/putt from like 50'+ with my, you guessed it, shark attack! I took a pic of how far it was below, that was a sweet way to end the round. We then played hole nine again, so technically we played 11 holes, I par'd those last 2, but wasn't planning on adding them to my score either way. Tonight, I went to fleet farm in brooklyn park and picked up a generic basket that was on sale. Then I stopped buy Bassett Creek and decided to play. The sundogs (or something with sun) league was playing and there were like 150 disc golfers there and this huge Par 72 van was there with discs and baskets in it. I got there when the league was finishing, but it seemed really cool. They brought 6 of their own baskets and made the course a full 18 - I would like to play with them one time. I played with these 3 kids from north of the metro, they had never played there so I lead them around, telling them which baskets were original and which ones were placed by the leaguers. I got 3 birdies in a row on holes 5,6 and 7. It was 9:30 and dark by the time I finished hole 12, I came home and put together my new basket. I can't wait to get up early one morning and find a close-by field and set up my basket and work on my throws. This thing is going to be fun to have for bbq's and stuff too! I can already feel a putting tournament coming on. (spontaneous tournament?) Tomorrow is league night for us and as always I'm really excited to play. I hope that I can continue to play as well as I did today.



Plus 2 - It got stuck on top of the basket.


Shark attack for a tough par 3, my bag shows where my disc was...


New DG basket. It's collapsable so it fits in my trunk and can be transported. (cat not included)

1 comment: