Thursday, May 14, 2009

wife + coffee + disc golf

This morning Loran joined me as I played disc golf at Rosland before work this morning. It was a lot of fun. We both had our mugs full of warm coffee as we walked through the park on a chilly May morning. It was really windy too, but no discs really got away from me. I finished the round of 9 at +2, but I had a lot of fun and almost made 2 birdies, so I feel like I didn't play poorly, but I did have a double bogie on hole 2, that's where they get ya! As always it's nice to do something before work, especially something that involves a little exercising. I had fun talking with Loran and I like when she watches me and tells me good job, it makes me feel good. I also noticed that I become crabby and unpleasant to be around when I have a bad hole (no pun intended) and I'm in a good mood when I am playing good, this seems pretty natural and normal, but it's pretty sucky for someone, who comes with you just to give you company, has to put up with it. Last night I met Zach at Hyland, it turned out to be a fairly nice evening after such a dark and gloomy day. The round started off good as I birdie'd hole 1, but then it all went to hell. I can honestly say that I think I played the worst that I have all season. I'm not sure why, but it's like every bad through was followed by an even worse throw. Now, I know this is a hard course, but I just wasn't playing smart. Zach had to leave after the 13th hole, so I finished the last 5 holes by myself. I ended up at +14 (+18 if we count them all as 3's) which is unnaceptable to me and where I should be at I feel. I actually had more fun after Zach left, only for the fact that the competion aspect of it was officially over and I was just playing by myself, although I still had some bad throws. I hope that didn't come across as I didn't like playing with Zach. I kind of want to go to Rosland and practice throwing my drivers at the baseball field there for a few hours one morning... I really want to build more confidence and skill with my drives.

1 comment:

  1. wow, you can clearly tell that I wrote this late night as I was falling asleep... "throwing my drivers at the baseball field"

    ReplyDelete