Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bryant Lake (+5)

Ben and I had been planning to play one day this week, we agreed on Friday. It was supposed rain all day so I was nervous that we were going to get rained-out, but we played! Although, it was windy as hell, it was a totally different game, because you can't throw naturally, you have to compensate for the wind - I'm sure some people say that this is part of the game, which I understand to an extent, I mean it is an outdoor sport that you play in parks, woods, etc. Either way, I feel like it makes it more of a gamble and a "try to get lucky" game, but I guess if I was skilled enough, I would know how to play in these conditions. I had 3 shots for the day that went at least 20' away from my target, especially on hole 18, which is on a hill. I was putting from about 20-25' out, and I could barely feel a wind, so I threw and all of a sudden, half way to the basket, my disc tipped vertically and got blown like the sail of a pirate ship, so far away from the basket that my par 4 which I should have had turned into a double bogie - suck. Ben picked up some Moose Drool, it's brewed in Missoula, Mont. (Zach's original home-town, right?) It was pretty good, I've had it once before at Scott Rosenthal's house. Ben had some pretty nice, far drives. He has his form down, that's for sure. I am still working on my backhand throw, which is far from acceptable, but I need to learn. I have my forehand down, and I can drive the same distance as everyone else, but I want to have both throw's in my arsenal. Bryant Lake is a really, really nice course. Definitely worth $3, I love the signs at each hole and the 16' long tee pads, Jake would love them, I think they are somewhat new from last year when they did the re-design. I know I keep talking about this, but I believe that my scores haven't been as good as they "should" be because I've been forcing myself to throw in a new way that doesn't feel natural (yet), so with this in mind, I'm pretty content with my decent scores. I think I can par the course at Bryant Lake, there are several birdie opportunities. The night ended at Maxwell's with a pitcher of Surly Furious and some good talks about: politics, friends, people that used to be friends and aren't anymore, conservative families and spoiled, fat, rich Americans - I think that covers it.

This is nice because it says what's considered "Out of bounds" and it doesn't say anything about not having beer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment